What do all the acronyms mean?
– the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance.
– War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
– the Department of Work and Pensions. The DWP send you notification of your allowance and can tell you what you’re entitled to.
How do I qualify for the Motability Scheme?
To qualify, you need to be receiving either the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC-DLA) or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS). You can find out more from your local Department of Work and Pensions.
Seat heights and door widths are important to me when choosing a car. Where can I find this information about Ford cars?
There are a number of good options:
• Talk to the Motability Specialist at a Motability accredited Ford Dealership. They can give you all the information you need.
• Pick up product brochures at your Ford Dealership
• Arrange a test drive or ride to experience Ford first hand.
Which bodystyle should I choose (e.g. saloon, estate, hatchback)?
The best thing is to contact the Motability Specialist at a Motability accredited Ford Dealership. As well as advising you, we can arrange test drives, or test rides, to help you decide.
Can I still get a car on the Contract Hire scheme, when I’ve less than three years left on my HRMC-DLA?
You need to be receiving your allowance for the full length of the agreement you choose. Motability welcomes applications as long as you have at least 12 months of your award left, when you apply.
Is there an age restriction on the Contract Hire scheme?
The HRMC-DLA or WPMS can be awarded to anyone between the ages of 3 and 65. You just need to be receiving the HRMC-DLA before your 65th birthday, to apply for a car on the Motability scheme.
You can select up to two drivers, one of which can be yourself (though neither of you can be under 17, of course). For under-17s, only people named on the Certificate of Motor Insurance can drive the car. Only one driver can be under 21 and drivers under 25 are limited to cars up to Insurance Group 8.